Friday, September 17, 2004

Here's a neat idea for cell phones:
(click on pic for larger image)
Vinyl Vision Toshiba VM4050 Carbon Fiber Phone Skin
I've had a cellphone since 1995. Always used cases, but a friend showed a neat trick to keep the screen clear and scratch-free - shipping tape. I just put some good quality tape, like 3M, on the screen, and used a sharp knife or blade to cut around the screen. Worked like a charm, especially on the Nokia 6185 that had a screen that stuck out.
Now that I have my Toshiba, the first thing I did was scour ebay for a data cable and case. Instead of a case, I found something better - phone skins. These are just pieces of vinyl cut to fit the shape of the phone, but what a great idea! Unfortunately, the manufacturer and seller, Vision Vinyl, in a rare reversal of trend, carries mostly Sprint and Verizon phone skins, but does have some GSM phone skins.

No comments: