Monday, October 11, 2004

YellowPages.com: Verizon loves me, Verizon loves me not, Sprint loves me...


VerizonOrSprint
Originally uploaded by LAArt.
I went to Yellowpages.com to look up a phone number, and saw an ad for their WAP site. Considering how much I pay for directory assistance on my cell ($1.25 per call), and how much WAP access I have ($10 for unlimited use), I figured what the hell - might as well check it out, even if lookups do take longer via browser. Take a look at the screen shot attached for what came. So who is Yellow pages partnering with? If you notice, the text is for Verizon, but the logo is Sprint. The two pages that lead to this screen also list Sprint prominently. So what happened? Who goofed?
The funniest part is the "WE NEED A NEW CELL PHONE GRAPHIC !!!" at the bottom right of the screen. Great example of releasing webpages without getting approval.

No comments: