Friday, July 01, 2005

Gmail Drive for Windows


Gmail not just for e-mails anymore

Gmail is now offering 2 gigs worth of space for e-mails. Personally I find that I can’t fill that much of space with mail if I tried. Apparently I am not alone. Not to long ago a few individuals figured out that they could link their Gmail accounts to their computers and use it as a drive. First this feature was only available to the lucky Linux users. However, recently a wonderful Danish chap has reengineered the idea and has made this great feature available to the average Windows user like myself.

The Gmail Drive works just like a regular drive on your computer with the only difference being that you must login.

Down side, no one knows how long this little treasure will last. Google is bound to shut it down sooner or later. I hardly doubt that they actually expected anyone to fill up their accounts to the max 2 gigs, boy are they in for a surprise

If you didn't figure out that the title is the link, here it is again: http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm

No comments: