Sunday, November 20, 2005

Amazon “I Hate You”

Like so many college students I too buy my books online at Amazon.com. I shop online to try to save a buck or two, and I even find myself trying to resell my used books back; through Amazon, to other college students.
However my latest transaction didn’t go through as smoothly as it should have.

I have an algebra book that I originally purchased for way over $100. However the book doesn’t cost nearly as much now, it’s been a whole 2 years.

The going rate for this book is $0.98. (wow the world of algebra has changed that much!!!!)

That’s right 98 cents; and this isn't the worst part!
I actually managed to sell the book for $2.50 (lucky me)
Amazon credited me $3.49 for shipping (this is how much I can spend up to, to ship it, anything over comes out of my own pocket)

And the grand total comes to $3.39

Now you are probably asking your self, is Amazon that fucking stupid that they can’t add
$2.50 + $3.49, well... the answer is no.

Below you will find a partial e-mail from Amazon.com. It is the break down of their fees. Please if you are not already sitting down, please do, because the stupidity is shocking.

________________________________________
+ Sale Price of the item
+ Shipping Credit
- Variable Closing Fee
- $0.99 Fixed Closing Fee (waived for Pro Merchants)
- Commission of 6-15% of sale price
________________________________________
  = Total deposited to seller's account
 
For order #058-4138049-8629350, the fees taken were calculated as 
follows:
________________________________________
    $2.50 (Sale Price)
  - $0.38 (Commission of Sale Price)
  - $0.99 (Fixed Closing Fees)
  - $1.23 (Variable Closing Fees) 
  + $3.49 (Shipping Credit)
________________________________________
  = $3.39 (Total deposited to your account)

So this is just FUCKING great. If you are smarter then Amazon, then you have already figured out that I have lost money on this transaction.

Considering I can’t do anything regarding this situation, accept stick my thumb up my ass and rotate
I would like to take this moment to say FUCK AMAZON.

Thank you

No comments: