Thursday, September 08, 2005

Pet peeves

Had a frustrating experience today. One of my pet peeves - yeah, I know, get over it - is bad grammar, spelling, or misused words. As I was walking through a building today, there was a row of vending machines. The soda machine (the only one with H2O in it) was out of order. And what was scribbled, with a black sharpie, on a hastily torn piece of paper taped to the machine?
"out of order.
thank you."
How about you apologize, you arrogant vendor people?
Thank you for what? For spelling the words right? For not being able to buy some water after spending 2 hours in a doctor's office? For filling out horribly worded surveys, that inquire if I had sex in the past year without a condom? Right after asking if I had sex in the past year without using birth control? Hello!!?? Or not being able to download the paperwork ahead of time, and have it filled out - and instead having to rush through a mound of paper the size of my employee manual? ARRRGGHHHHH!!! At least this time, the hernia check was optional - thanks, doc, for not having to drop trou! ooh, went off on a tangent, didn't I?
Perhaps next time I miss a deadline, I can just say "Thank you"? /rant

No comments: